Tuesday 24 June 2014

Cheese Toast

Cheese toasts are hit with my children..they love to have it as their after school snack.
For me a great way to incorporate a lot of veggies in this toast.
Its filling its healthy and children love it..sometimes good as breakfast..made in minutes with loads of veggies and I used wholemeal bread instead of white and I do not add any butter on toast.
So even adults can have their bite safely.

Ingredients:
Wholemeal Bread - 8 slices,
Onion - 1 large finely chopped,
Green Bell Pepper - 1 medium chopped,
Tomatoes - 2 deseeded and chopped,
Sweet Corn - 1/2 cup cooked,
Black Pepper Powder - 1 teaspoon,
Any Cheese of your choice - 1 cup,
Salt.



Method:
Preheat the oven at 180 degree celsius  for 10 minutes.
Mix all the veggies, salt and pepper powder and mix well.
I had run out of sweet corn so I haven't added.
Spread enough mixture equally on every slice of bread.
Sprinkle generous amount of cheese on every veggy slice.
Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes, until cheese melts and lightly starts to brown.
Remove from oven and serve, you can cut into strips and serve bite size.


Note:
If you want more spicy you can add green chillies or red chilly flakes.
You can add all three colours of bell pepper, red green and yellow. As I had only green bell pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment